Girls Gone Wild...in Canton

Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Canton, oh Canton. How I love your non-airconditioned barns and fried foods. If you have never been, you have got to go! First Monday is literally a place of all things. From tooth fairy pillows to clothes to salsa, it can be found at Canton.
Sunday morning my girlfriends and I made the two hour trip out to east Texas to enjoy the scorching temperatures and cold lemonade, and, of course, the shopping. We arrived in Canton around 8:45a.m. Desirae had never been before and she was amazed. There are barns upon barns and booths upon booths of stuff. Anything you can think of, they have it.
My neighbor, Amber, and friend Amanda were along for the adventure as well. All four of us were on the hunt for something to hang over my mantel. And wa-laaa, this is what we found:
Eventually it will be hung...
Within the first ten minutes of being there we stumbled upon this beauty. At 74 bucks, I wrapped that puppy up and never looked back. Wrought iron is one of those decorative pieces that is so easy to find, but it can easily become too much if it is overused throughout your house. Try using a few staple pieces, but nothing more. I was willing to eliminate some other wrought iron pieces throughout the house in order to hang this baby above the mantel.

Along with the mantelpiece find, we bought jewelry, clothing, and a few other knick-knacks. Here is what I brought home and other finds throughout the day:
I'm going to wear this to a friend's wedding in a couple of weeks!
Had to have this necklace. I have been eyeing it for awhile now.

Isn't this trailer adorable?!



If you are having a baby or know anyone that is, Canton is the place to find anything baby! Look at this adorable bathing suit!! I wanted to buy it for a future little Tuck, but figured that might freak Chris out. A picture will have to do for now.

How cute is this onsie?!
 

I really wanted a corndog, but lots of walking combined with 105 degrees made me think a fried meal would not make my stomach happy. I opted for this delicious sandwich instead! Oh, and we can't forget the Dippin' Dots! If there are Dippin' Dots around, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm getting 'em! Amber splurged with me :)

All-in-all Canton was a success. I think around Christmas will be my next adventure out there. You can knock your Christmas gift list out in one trip to Canton!
Have you ever been to Canton?! What did you find?! Have you even been somewhere like Canton?! Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment