Hey Sister, Soul Sister

Thursday, August 9, 2012


I am so excited because tonight I get to be reunited with my Soul Sisters. Soul Sisters is a Bible study group that I started going to last fall with Chris's Mom.

Initially I thought we would go sip coffee around a table at some one's house, but boy was I wrong. We walked into Vally Creek Church and I was stampeeded greeted by hot pink, zebra wearing woman all over the place. The whole Bible study has around 300 women that gather each week to celebrate the Lord, while having a girl's night out. There are snacks and drinks. We sing and dance, well really just sway in place, but you can dance if you want to!


I am the youngest in my group and I believe that allows me to offer a different prospective on certain situations that arise within the group. I am not sure where I would be without these women. We are constantly praying for one another, and keeping touch through email. Especially with the recent passing of my Meme, these women have been so encouraging and prayed hard for me and my family.

I am so excited to be reunited with them and soon we will be starting our fall semester.

And yes, we do sing "Hey Sista, Soul Sista..." at the beginning of every Bible study. It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment