Share the Love: Meet Sarah!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hi lovies!

Just dropping by on the fineee Tuesday to introduce you to Sarah!

No silly willy, not me. Another Sarah. Although I do love myself (ha!) I will refrain from writing a full post all about me. Oh wait, isn't that what I do all the time?

Well anyways, here is another Sarah who is more fab than me, plus she has a really cute son...that of which I do not have.

Obviously I am lacking sleep because this intro is not making sense, so before I embarrass myself even more, I'll just let you get-to readin'!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Just the Two of Us
Let me start by saying I do NOT have an independent personality. At all. I've never lived alone, never seen a movie by myself or eaten by myself in a restaurant and my friends will tell you that I always had someone with me to even go to the bathroom throughout high school and college. I thrive when I'm around others and the majority of the happiest moments in my life have included family and friends in some way or another. Maybe it's because I'm an extrovert. Maybe it's because I often find boredom in solitude. But whatever it is, the move to Cleveland, Ohio was a big one for me.


Sure I had been with Derek for over 7 years, but do you know how many people we knew up here? Zero. A big fat zilch. In fact, I really didn't know anyone in Ohio or within a few hours from us. Our friends and family were mostly 13+ hours away and worse, I would be working at home. There wouldn't be co- workers to meet or friends to be made through a new company. It would be me, the dogs and Derek for the first year up here. Needless to say, it was rough. We had no one. Thankfully I was pregnant for a large part of it and our wonderful marriage remained flawless, but I can't deny the toll it took on my heart.


My mother-in-law always used to tell me that she credits her strong relationship with my father-in-law to living so far from family and having to raise children on their own. It wasn't until I had Drew up here that I understood. As much as I longed to be near friends and family, envious of pictures and events across social media, it only made our marriage that much stronger. Sure Derek had some work friends, but ultimately it was just the two of us. We HAD only each other to rely on and we had to create our own weekend entertainment. And it's only now that I can look back and be thankful.


It was because of those times together that we still look at each other and say that we have an amazing marriage. We respect each other more than ever and aren't just great friends. We are each other's best friends. Period. When Derek decided to jump on a different career path knowing we could end up anywhere in the U.S., I was extremely hesitant. I wish I could go back now and tell myself 3 years ago that it will be ok. You'll eventually make friends and your marriage will only strengthen more than it already was. Moving away will be ok.


Now in our 4th year here, we've done more in 2013 with friends up here than we probably did in the first 2 years living here. We now have daycare friends, Jayhawk friends, neighbor friends, blog friends, library group friends and more. We have enjoyed quite a few night outs with babysitters and I have finally found 'my place' up here. Despite my fears of being so far from family, I have a wonderful life and enjoy our little family unit. Sure, it's nice being with friends and having a social life, but in the end it comes down to just the two of us. Period. Sarah's blog: www.sarahandderek.blogspot.com

_______________________________________________________________

Well said, Sarah! Marrying you bestie is the best thing in the world.

I actually told Chris that on Sunday. It is so cool to be able to do everythaaang with that one person.

Well, back to taxes for me. Two weeks and chugging...

Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yay Sarah, great post!!!!!! So glad it worked out for you!

    You and Derek are so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Sarah! I could have written the same thing about never wanting to be alone. It must be the extrovert in us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovies..... I love it. and I use silly willy too. :D Found you thru Sarah. I'm your newest follower. would love for you to follow me back. http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/ hope to see you around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Sarah and Sarah, Sarah here. We just moved 8 hours away from our friends and family from TN to SC, and know exactly what you mean. I have been lucky to find some wonderful mommy friends, but this inspires me to get my husband out from behind his desk and explore our new city. Because our new city: Not lovin' as much as the city.

    ReplyDelete