DIY || $20 Garage Door Upgrade

Tuesday, June 23, 2015


You know those cars with the eyelashes on the headlights? The eyelashes are supposed to add pizzazz to what is usually a normal, run of the mill car. Although I've never been bold enough to deck out my car with falsies, I am willing to deck out the front of my run of the mill house with some new bling.

Okay, it's not exactly bling, because Chris nor I are kin to Jay Z or Bey, so we can't afford an actual blinged out house, but we did splurge on a $20 hardware kit to spruce up the ole plain white rectangle, otherwise known as a garage door. 

Slowly but surely we are turning this little house into a home. I haven't killed all our flowers and our painted front door is still a hit. I really want to rip out all those bushes, but, you know, time is not what we've had a lot of lately. And, although I think I'd be willing to tackle it on my own while Chris is at work, him and his dad are the yard masters, so I will leave it to them! 



Here is a before and after:


Just adding this little touch made a world of difference!

13 comments:

  1. I love this look for the garage! It is amazing what a few small touches can do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do this to our garage door. I've seen it on so many and I love the way it looks and what it adds to the house!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a transformation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it really does make it look different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it!!! What a difference something so simple can make! I've mentioned doing this to ours to Aaron after a couple of our neighbors did cause it just adds a great touch. But the plan is to paint the house first, then add the little details ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a big impact for such a low price! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree this makes a HUGE impact!!! We recently bought new construction, and one of the first things we opted for was windows in the garage, WITH the wrought iron hardware, it makes such a plain door so fancy!! I didn't know it was only about 20 bucks for the kit- that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had always wanted to do this to our boring garage doors, but alas, too late now. Love how your new house is coming along, and I agree, leave the bushes to your dh, it's way too hot now to do any yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe this is such an inexpensive and easy upgrade, it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done an amazing job! It looks like a fun room to work and play in. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This proves that you don’t have to spend a fortune in order to enhance your home. Like your original garage door, my home’s garage door had a very plain appearance. It actually ruined the entire property’s curb appeal. After we replaced the old garage door with a more stylish version, we began to get numerous compliments from local residents.

    Machelle Ledoux @ Total Garage Repair

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the best things we can do for our bodies is fueling them with whole foods, fruits and veggies, and of course enough water for hydration. It is great to see a blog dedicating so much attention to the Whole 30 movement. Great tips and recipes; my wife is always impressed when I make one of them for dinner!

    Greg Marshall @ Crawford Door of WNY Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When we discovered that anyone could drive through the neighborhood with a clicker and get random doors to open, we made the upgrade that weekend. Now we have the security opener installed that will not open for another clicker even if the same manufacturer. I feel much safer leaving the girls home alone knowing that big door can't open.

    Giovanni @ Coastal Contract Hardware

    ReplyDelete