Whole 30 || Menu Week 1

Monday, May 8, 2017


Hello, friends! We had a great weekend and this week my kiddos take our state assessment, so prayers appreciated. Also, thanks for all the sweet comments and prayers about my Mimi's passing. My family truly appreciates it!

Now, let's get down to this Whole 30 talk. I need preface this again by saying that I am not doing it 100%. Maybe I should just call it Paleo 30? Or eating healthier 30? My doctor wants me to be taking a probiotic each morning which contains ingredients that are not Whole 30 approved. I also refuse to give up my coffee creamer at this point (read above: state assessments). And, honestly, I am wanting this to be more of a lifestyle change and not just a 30 day fix where I get to the end and want to binge on all the ice cream in the whole world!

Here was my menu for the week:

MONDAY:
Breakfast - 2 egg muffins with salsa

Lunch - grilled chicken with quinoa and kale (quinoa is not Whole 30 approved) 

Dinner - zucchini lasagna (contained a very small amount of ricotta cheese)

TUESDAY:
Breakfast - egg muffin with salsa

Lunch - zucchini lasagna

Dinner - sheet pan chicken and veggies (seriously make this!!)


WEDNESDAY
Breakfast - egg muffins with salsa

Lunch - zucchini lasagna 

Dinner - eggs and bacon


THURSDAY
Breakfast - egg muffin with salsa

Lunch - chopped BBQ pork

Dinner - grilled chicken with bacon, salsa, and avocado

FRIDAY:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs with breakfast sausage 

Lunch - grilled chicken with quinoa 

Dinner - steak, sweet potato, grilled zucchini and squash 

SNACKS:
carrots
strawberry
apple with almond butter
almonds
cantaloupe

Y'all, I've never ate this much grilled chicken in my life. And, I still think it is gross. Gimme all the friend chicken! 

This next week I am trying to be even more strict. The Sunday before I started I made a huge pan of the zucchini lasagna that contained a very small amount of ricotta cheese. It is still a really healthy meal, so I didn't want to not eat on it all week just because of the cheese. The quinoa was a random purchase at Sprouts. I was lacking in lunch ideas and was in a crunch for time and this option turned out to be something I actually could stand day after day. 

Over the weekend I cheated with a margarita (not worth it) and salmon with asparagus drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. I ordered the healthiest thing on the menu and didn't interrogate the waiter just to alter it to be Whole 30 approved. It was delicious and I felt good about my selection. Again, I am trying to make this a lifestyle change and not a 30 day fix.

I hope this helps some of you who are looking for meal ideas. I've gotten over trying to enjoy my food and, instead, I'm in the mindset to eat for nourishment. I'm hoping when I have more time this summer I can find better recipes to try!

3 comments:

  1. This is super helpful! That picture looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you eat leftovers for days and the same thing for breakfast often. I'm the same way. I used to hate leftovers, but after the baby, I've found that if I don't eat them, I may not eat! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me want to meal plan too. So for you egg muffins, are those the ones where you put veggies in a muffin pan and then put eggs on top and cook? Also zucchini lasagna, recipe? I need to break out and make some more recipes...I'm so in a rut and need to change! That chicken and veggies look good, going to have to try that one, looks easy to make and good!

    ReplyDelete